Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
Weekends are for relaxing, sleeping in, recharging, trying something new, catching up on that thing you've been putting off and PANCAKES. During the week I generally only have time for breakfast if I can take it on the go. Who wants to wake up extra early to sit down and eat breakfast? I use to do that, but recently with my schedule changing I've leaned toward sleeping a little bit longer and grabbing some food to go. So on weekends, I really look forward to making breakfast and then sitting down to enjoy it. My current favorite being, pancakes! These pancakes are very easy to make and only require 5 ingredients. Please read on to find the magic recipe that makes these flavorful pancakes without adding any sugar, dairy, or refined flours.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 (about 8 silver dollar pancakes)
-1/3 cup mashed banana (about 1 banana)
-1 flax egg (3 T. water + 1 T. ground flax meal)
-1/3 cup oat flour
-1/2 t. baking powder
-1/4 t. cinnamon
- pinch of salt (optional)
-1/2 cup frozen blueberries and/or strawberries
-chopped nuts, coconut flakes, almond butter, fresh fruit slices
1) Combine the mashed banana and flax egg in a medium bowl.
2) In a smaller bowl mix the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3) Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
4) Pour the dry ingredients into the wet using a whisk or fork to mix everything together.
5) Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
6) Pour a tablespoon of batter onto the skillet for each silver dollar pancake. You can make several pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your skillet.
7) Cook the pancakes for about 60 to 90 seconds on each side. If the pancakes are browning quickly, turn the heat down a little-- I'll change my stove setting from 5 (medium) to 4 (right below medium).
8) Spray skillet with cooking spray again before cooking more pancakes.
9) Heat the frozen berries in the microwave for 60- 90 seconds, then pour over the pancakes. If only heating blueberries, 60 seconds will be enough. If you're heating strawberries, you'll need to heat them up 90 seconds.
10) Sprinkle on any additional toppings (nuts, coconut flakes, nut butter).
11) Enjoy! :)