Vanilla Coconut Energy Balls
So it has been some time since I created a new recipe and this one started forming yesterday evening after a long week, probably because I was craving something sweet AND healthy. This is a no-bake recipe that only requires a handful of ingredients: oats, coconut flour, dates, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil. The finished product is amazingly delicious, so much so, you might forget it's healthy. Plus it can easily be made in 10 minutes.
-1 cup old fashioned oats
-1/2 cup coconut flour
-1 cup cashews
-1 package of dates (8oz.)
-2 T. raw honey
-1 t. vanilla
-1 T. coconut oil
1) Blend oats until they turn into a fine flour (it's okay if there are partial oats visible, as long as most are ground up).
2) Add the coconut flour and cashews and pulse a few times.
3) Add approximately 8 dates at a time to the blender and pulse after each addition. Use a spoon to stir blender contents around, if needed.
4) Lastly add the honey, vanilla, and coconut oil. Pulse a few more times.
5) Empty blender contents into a large bowl.
6) Now for the messy part (well, not really just for your hands!), take heaping tablespoons of the mixture and form them into balls or "ball" like shapes. Don't worry, they don't have to be perfectly round.
7) Enjoy! They go great with a glass of almond milk.
Makes: approximately 36 Vanilla Coconut Energy Balls, depending on how big/small you make them
Note: keep the Vanilla Coconut Energy Balls in the fridge for a longer shelf life