Fudgy Chocolate Muffins
Guess what?! I finally finished the tweaks on this muffin recipe. AND it's ahh-mazing. But, please don't take my word for it-- try it out and let me know what you think! It's chocolaty, fudgy, fluffy, and healthy! I've been working on this recipe for a couple weeks and it's a nice feeling when you finally make the end product you've been looking for. Surprise, not every recipe I make comes out perfect the first time (unfortunately)...it takes a few tries. It can be especially challenging baking healthy sweats, when you are trying to avoid eggs, and highly processed sugars, fats, and flours. The struggle is REAL. I'm happy to say this recipe is ready to be shared with y'all! Enjoy! :)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 t. vanilla
2/3 cup applesauce
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 & 1/2 t. baking powder
1/3 cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Add peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl. Warm for 15 seconds to soften. If you're using room temperature peanut butter, this step can be skipped.
2. Add the next 4 ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
3. Mix the coconut flour, baking powder and cacao powder in a small bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredient to the wet and combine with a whisk.
5. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Lastly, using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into a lined muffin pan. Use a spoon to smooth the tops, evenly spreading the batter (otherwise the muffins will have rocky mountain looking tops).
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
8. Let cool for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Makes: 12 muffins