When I first heard about spaghetti squash, I had trouble wrapping my mind around the concept. How can you get spaghetti noodles from a squash? I didn't truly believe it until I made it for myself. Read more to see the magical transformation.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40- 50 minutes
Servings: 2+, depends on the size of the squash
1 spaghetti squash
1 jar of pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut squash in half (to make it easier to cut, you can microwave the squash for 5 minutes to soften the skin).
3. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
4. Place squash halves on a parchment lined baking pan, cut side facing down.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of the squash.
6. Using a fork, scrape out the squash noodles into a bowl.
7. Mix noodles with your favorite pasta sauce.
Notes: The squash shells work great as serving bowls.
Look--it's spaghetti AND squash, all at the same time! Enjoy =)